The Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City with offices in Washington D.C., Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Guangzhou, Chennai, and Jakarta. ITDP works to promote environmentally sustainable and socially equitable transportation policies and projects around the world, with an emphasis on developing countries. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, cycling and walking, travel demand management, parking, and urban revitalization. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
Note: this position is based in our Jakarta, Indonesia office.
ITDP seeks a Graphic Design Associate to help promote sustainable transportation principles, best practices, and project examples throughout Indonesia. Our Indonesia office is fast-paced and ambitious, with projects in Jakarta and other secondary cities in Indonesia also projects starting or in development in other cities outside of Indonesia.
The candidate will work with internal and external staff, creating photo renderings, graphics, and visual aids to help communicate ITDP’s ideas and technical designs of sustainable transportation and urban development in cities throughout Indonesia and around the world.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in visual communication design or graphic design with a deep interest in transportation, cities and the environment; or a background in architecture and urban design with a strong skill in graphic design, photo editing, and architectural sketches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with technical staffs in Indonesia office on creating visual communications from engineering designs.
- Develop new ways of presenting ideas and engineering designs through graphics and other visual aids.
- Help organize ITDP Indonesia visual persona i.e. website design, social media campaign, company profile, brochures, etc.
- Create high-quality, visually compelling and clear presentations
- Design and edit reports and publications
- Update the website with relevant media clips, post information about ITDP Indonesia’s projects and key milestones/accomplishments, post photographs from staff onto TransportPhoto.net and tag them appropriately
- Fluent in Bahasa and English
- Degree in Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, Urban Design, Architecture or other visual communication or urban design related area
- At least two years of work experience
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Live in or will relocate to Jakarta
- Willingness to travel as needed
The ideal candidate will also have the following qualifications:
- Experience in developing and creating visual communications or graphic designs.
- Experience in designing visual graphic from specific information material.
- Experience in working on sustainable transportation, international development, or environmental projects.
- Experience with photography and/or videography.
- Expert on Photoshop, Google SketchUp, Adobe InDesign, or other CAD program.
- Proficient with word processor, spreadsheets and presentation.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter stating why you think you would be a good fit for this position, as well as your portfolio and a resume to: email@example.com. Due date: 19 June 2015.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.