The Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City with offices in Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Guangzhou, Chennai, Pune, Nairobi, Jakarta and Washington DC. ITDP works to promote environmentally sustainable and socially equitable transportation policies and projects around the world, with an emphasis on developing countries. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, cycling, and walking, travel demand management, parking, and urban revitalization.
Finance and Operation Associate – Jakarta
Note: this position is based in our Jakarta, Indonesia office. Fluency in Bahasa and English is required.
ITDP seeks a full-time Finance and Operation Associate to join its ITDP Jakarta office. This position will report to the Finance Manager and Country Director. S/he will be expected to work creatively and communicate effectively with the ITDP Indonesia employee, Headquarter – Director of Finance and Administration, colleagues throughout ITDP, Donors, and Vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organizations mission – specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems, and controls.
- Financial management of donors and financial allocations
- Management of agency budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Development of individual program budgets, and Monitor and Evaluation Progress against milestone and budget
- Manage and oversee the invoice to funding sources, timesheet, reimbursement, and organization of fiscal documents.
- Manage employee and third-party contract
- Assist Finance Manager in Audit process (external or tax audit).
- Coordinate with ITDP Headquarter- Finance Division to do monthly call to update Indonesia program/project.
- Create program/project budget for Project proposal and Budget vs Actual for Project closure.
- Create effective travel management for ITDP Indonesia employee.
- Assist communication or operational team in the various event.
- Maintain office asset.
- Fluent in Bahasa and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related area such as finance, accounting or economics.
- Minimum 3 (three) years working experience in accounting related environment and/or accounts payable.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, ADP Time & Attendance, ADP Pay eXpert (or other integrated payroll systems) and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, including journal entries, general ledger, financial reports and double entry accounting.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, especially to discern and prioritize urgent requests.
- Strong communicator with excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skill.
How to Apply
Please send a curriculum vitae, cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Due to the high number of applicants received, only applications from suitable candidates that will be responded.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Deadline for application is 22 January 2018.