ITDP seeks a Transport Associate help implement sustainable transportation principles, best practices and project examples throughout Indonesia. Our Indonesia office is fast-paced and ambitious, with projects in Jakarta and projects starting or in development in nine other cities around the country.
The candidate will work with staff both in the office and off-site, developing plan to implement best practice project in area such as Public Transport, Non-Motorized Transport and Transport Planning, to create sustainable transportation and sustainable urban development in cities throughout Indonesia and around the world.
The ideal candidate will have either a strong background in transportation engineering and planning, public transportation planning; or a strong background in science and engineering with a deep interest in urban transport and urban planning. The ideal candidate should also have a passion in achieving sustainable transportation in Indonesia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with senior staff in Indonesia and ITDP headquarters to implement transportation project in Jakarta and other cities in Indonesia.
- Develop plan to improve Public Transit in major cities in Indonesia, as well as the established Bus Rapid Transit in Jakarta and other cities.
- Conducting surveys and data collection on transport related area and interpret the data to become understandable for decision maker to understand
- Working with other staff to develop recommendation for decision maker in cities throughout Indonesia as well as the national government of Indonesia
- Working with current staff to organize a series of workshops, panel discussions, etc. on various issues in transportation
- Assist and monitor project implementation and supervise third party consultant/contractor working on transportation project
- Write technical report and recommendations on transportation issue
- Prepare presentation material as well as give the presentation to the stakeholder for technical transportation recommendation
- Support communications staffs in raising awareness on various transport related issues, and provide the necessary data to create media awareness in sustainable transportation
- Help communications staffs to Write press releases on transportation related issue
- Plan special events as needed/requested by supervisors
- If required, assist the site visits by visiting delegations to Transjakarta and other ITDP project sites
- Fluent in Bahasa and English
- University Degree in Transportation, Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Geography or other related Science and Engineering degree
- At least three years work experience, with experience in transport planning or engineering.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Good Writing skill is required but not essential
- Willingness to develop new ideas for improvement
- Willingness and ability to conduct site visit and survey
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to use Drawing or CAD software
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Live in or will relocate to Jakarta
- Willingness to travel as needed
The ideal candidate will also have the following qualifications:
Experience developing and working on transportation project, preferably in public transport. Experience preparing and giving presentation to professional audiences. Experience working on sustainable transportation, urban planning or international development projects. Experience with data processing tools such as Microsoft Excel and standard MS office package are essential, whereas basic proficient in drawing or photo manipulation tools are required but not essential.
Please send a cover letter stating why you think you would be a good fit for this position, as well as the Application Form and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is closed on 20th May 2012.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Download the announcement here.